Lieu : Vancouver
Département : VFX
Contrat : Permanent
29 juin 2017
If you’re looking for a change to challenge and support you as you take the next step in your career, joining Umedia Vancouver provides that rare opportunity. With offices in LA, London, Paris, Brussels, and now Vancouver, Umedia is an international film group specialized in production, financing, visual effects, and finishing. The foundation of Umedia’s success is our employees. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, passionate, and proactive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. We’re looking for someone just like you to join us and be a significant part of our North American expansion.
Umedia Vancouver is a small, growing VFX and finishing team headed by CEO and Oscar nominated VFX Supervisor, Peter Muyzers, and backed by a management team with many decades of direct experience on the front lines of Hollywood production and post-production. Our goals are ambitious yet realistic, and we’re rapidly becoming Vancouver’s go-to boutique facility for high-end visual effects. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by, apply to join us today!
- To interpret and communicate the client/VFX Supervisor’s brief and ensure that all 3D departments understand their goals and have the tools and resources to deliver on time, on budget, and to the highest possible standard.
- To be the technical advisor to the VFX Sup and the point person for direction and approval of all 3D work on the project.
- To anticipate any potential technical and creative challenges and to work with your artists and other departments to stay ahead of those issues.
- To work with the R&D team and play an integral role in the design, testing, and continual development of the whole 3D pipeline.
- To advise production on realistic, cost-effective bidding, hiring and scheduling.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in VFX and/or animation.
- A proven track record in supervising artists, including how to motivate, delegate, and support them to take ownership of their own work while you still take full responsibility for final outcomes.
- A thorough knowledge and experience using industry leading renderers and render farm managers.
- A thirst for new ideas and new technology, combined with the pragmatism to take the best decision for the project and the company.
- A strong familiarity with Shotgun.
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, organisation and management skills.
- Expert in industry standard VFX applications (Maya, RV, Houdini, Mari).
- A good understanding of file formats, LUTs, and other technical aspects of the VFX workflow.
- Scripting/programming experience is a plus, but not essential provided you are able to communicate your detailed needs to the R&D Department.
- Ability to work to and meet strict deadlines even under pressure.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a resident of Canada and you are legally permitted to work in Canada.
- We offer an attractive benefits package and a position within a supportive environment with career development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply here: https://umedia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=9