Lieu : Vancouver
Département : VFX
Contrat : Full Time
6 février 2018
If you’re looking for a change to challenge and support you as you take the next step in your career, joining Umedia Vancouver provides that rare opportunity. With offices in LA, London, Paris, Brussels, and now Vancouver, Umedia is an international film group specialized in production, financing, visual effects, and finishing. The foundation of Umedia’s success is our employees. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, passionate, and proactive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. We’re looking for someone just like you to join us and be a significant part of our North American expansion.
Umedia Vancouver is a growing VFX and Finishing team headed by CEO and Oscar-nominated VFX Supervisor, Peter Muyzers, and backed by a management team with many decades of direct experience on the front lines of Hollywood production and post-production. Our goals are ambitious yet realistic, and we’re rapidly becoming Vancouver’s go-to boutique facility for high-end visual effects. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by, apply to join us today!
We are Looking for someone who has a passion for film and wants a unique opportunity to learn about VFX and post-production in a creative environment! Umedia Vancouver is offering a unique position as a Production Assistant which provides a great opportunity for anyone interested in film to learn about how a post facility works as well as be a part of how VFX in feature film and television is created!
- Provide support to the VFX team through Shotgun data entry
- Responsible for processing incoming material from client
- Facilitate electronic deliveries of material to the client
- Ship equipment and data drives to vendors, clients or other offices
- Assist daily with reception coverage during Office Manager’s lunch break
- Assist in coordinating the Umedia Technology Group monthly meetings and weekly check-ins
- Offer data support as required
- You have a passion for film with a keen interest in the business of filmmaking and in gaining further experience.
- You have the ability to anticipate the needs of the show/team.
- You have a strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, willingness and ability to learn new skills & technologies.
- You have fantastic time-management skills, the ability to prioritize workload combined with a sense of urgency, work well under pressure and meet multiple critical deadlines daily.
- You are confident and enthusiastic when communicating in person and/or over the phone and enjoy working in a fast-paced creative team-environment.
- You have have exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal), as well as active listening skills
- You are pro-active in nature with a strong display of ‘No job is too small or too big’ attitude.
- You are technically proficiency in Windows operating system
- You understand that daily overtime, weekend work and offset hours may be needed during a production