Senior Production Accountant
Lieu : Vancouver
Département : Umedia support
Contrat : Permanent
14 septembre 2017
If you’re looking for a change to challenge and support you as you take the next step in your career, joining Umedia Vancouver provides that rare opportunity. With offices in LA, London, Paris, Brussels, and now Vancouver, Umedia is an international film group specialized in production, financing, visual effects, and finishing. The foundation of Umedia’s success is our employees. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, passionate, and proactive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. We’re looking for someone just like you to join us and be a significant part of our North American expansion.
Umedia Vancouver is a growing VFX and Finishing team headed by CEO and Oscar-nominated VFX Supervisor, Peter Muyzers, and backed by a management team with many decades of direct experience on the front lines of Hollywood production and post-production. Our goals are ambitious yet realistic, and we’re rapidly becoming Vancouver’s go-to boutique facility for high-end visual effects. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by, apply to join us today!
The Senior Production Accountant role carries significant responsibilities in both managing the finances and accounting records of projects throughout the entire production lifecycle and assisting the Finance Manager with controlling operational accounting responsibilities. A successful Senior Production Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of both the post-production industry and accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts for the purpose of strategic decision making.
The Senior Production Accountant liaises with producers throughout the entire production process and is responsible for both preparing financial analysis/reports for production teams and reporting such results to the Finance Manager. Additionally the duties will include assisting the Finance Manager in ensuring accuracy and effectiveness of all operational accounting tasks.
Your direct responsibilities include:
- Assist producers and supervising producers to prepare and monitor project production budgets from bid to wrap.
- Cost projects to actuals, manage cashflow, analyze costs and expenditure; and prepare periodic cost reports highlighting variances from plan, during production.
- Prepare consolidated project income/cost forecasts for current and bid projects which includes and evaluates production changes.
- Initiate a post mortem review of project financial performance to highlight successes and weaknesses for improvements.
- Bill clients in accordance with agreed payment schedules or as triggered by change orders and follow up with clients on payments as necessary to keep invoices current, alerting management of any issues or expected delays in payments.
- Ensure compliance with Tax Credit Regulations by updating qualified labour costs used in tax credit applications and prepare monthly tax credit calculations or as needed.
- Manage all functions of payroll processing and prepare payroll reconciliations/allocations based on detailed time records.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile all operational accounts payable and receivable and enforce internal controls over these processes to ensure transactions are accurately monitored.
- Monitor operational cashflow, preparing weekly bank reconciliations and monthly cash projections.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger and calculate monthly depreciation.
- Assist Finance Manager with month-end and year-end close process which includes analytical review, posting of closing entries, preparing financial statements and supporting schedules in accordance with IFRS principles and updating forecasts.
- Liaise with Finance Manager to identify and recommend improvements to financial processes and procedures.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or a Masters in Finance or Business Administration with a strong understanding of IFRS Financial Reporting Framework.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Production/Senior Accountant in the production industry, preferably post-production/VFX.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, OneNote etc). Financial modeling skills an asset.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software programs, like QuickBooks.
- An aptitude for detail, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a faced-paced environment both independently and collaboratively to meet company deadlines.
You are autonomous, rigorous and demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset with a high sense of responsibility.
We offer an attractive benefits package and a position within a supportive environment with career development opportunities.