City : Brussels
Department : VFX
Contract : Freelance
26 April 2017
Founded in 2010, the studio Umedia VFX employs over 120 creative staff that bring their expertise to an average of 40 feature films and TV series per year.
Located in Brussels and Paris, Umedia VFX brings directors solutions to their artistic needs, all while respecting production constraints. We are specialized in visual effects and we offer complete services from budgeting, previz, design, to set supervision and 2D & 3D effects.
Umedia VFX is part of Umedia, a vertically integrated international film group; combining the activities of development, production, financing and visual effects. For more information visit: www.umedia.eu
Lead Compositors are responsible for seamlessly integrating the elements and layers of a shot, including live-action and CG elements.
Lead Compositors will work closely with Visual Effects Supervisor, VFX Producers to composite the numerous elements that complete a visual effects shot.
- Seamless integration of live action, miniature and CGI layers in real live shots.
- 3D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements and color grading
- Blue/green screen extractions
- 2.5D DMP Projection
- Problem-solving of complex compositing issues in a creative way
- Take part in reviews
- Be able to manage a team of artists and share his knowledge
Essential skills and requirements:
- Candidates should have 5+ years feature film experience
- An excellent working knowledge of Nuke, Mocha, Photoshop
- Knowledge of Python, maya, 3d tracking software, after effect will be a plus.
- Good understanding of the film pipeline
- Critical eye for detail
- Strong knowledge of composition and color
- Knowledge and interest in photography and practical lighting is helpful
- Traditional artistic and design skills
- Be responsible for managing your time
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active and accepting of changes
- English and/or French speaker (mandatory)
Please send your CV specifying “Compositor” within the subject line to email@example.com
On-line show reels and links to websites are welcome. Please also include a shot breakdown showing specifically what your role entailed per shot/sequence.